Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Dangerous Imagination (Assignment #1)

A Dangerous Imagination
            The demonic sound of bombs pierces my ears. Boisterous cries from the trenches soar across the battlefield as the putrid smell of rotting flesh reaches my nose. This is evil. I cannot believe my eyes. I attempt to crawl out of the deep abyss of a trench I am in, and at the top, I am severed by the array of bullets. I collapse, my body becomes a ragdoll and I make contact with the ground. Within the blink of the eye, I am now wearing a black and white jail like suit, and I have been apprehended by the Nazis. The look of terror and dismay engulf the faces of the people around me. I fall into a deep trance, looking at the razor blades of the contorted barbwire fence when I begin getting dragged off to shower with my peers. Inside the building, possessed with fear, I suddenly see a dark green gas seeping through the crevices of the walls when I close my eyes, and suddenly feel violent rumbling inside a World War II army tank. As I extend and gaze out the top port hole, I see thousands of soldiers marching in our mammoth fleet.  The sinister sound of airplanes reveals, and the German Luftwaffe appears. Nazi planes paint the sky. As I see a machine gunner coming, I close my eyes, and reappear in Japan where children are screaming in distress. Mothers have a tight grip on their children and the look of concern is present on the face of my surroundings. Tears are beading down the face of the elderly and as the screaming begins to settle, the concise sound of a large aircraft is exposed. We look up in confusion as a gigantic bomb covers the horizon like a bed sheet. Just as it is about to make its torrential destruction, I awaken from my dreamlike state in bewilderment. Mrs. Sutherland did not notice that I dozed off in history class again.

No comments:

Post a Comment