Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homework Blues

      In a sympathetic tone I replied, "Well it all started yesterday right after school when I missed the bus. It was quite the journey from the schoolyard to my house, and my family had left early to Vancouver for my sister's soccer. I had only myself to depend on if I wanted to get home alive, and do my English homework. With the assignment you had given out clenched in my dominant hand, I commenced on my long trip."

     "Alright, so you got home easily and did your homework?" commented Mr. VanCamp.

     "Well not exactly," I responded, "I was only half way to my house when I was seized by some terrifying mutants, and dragged into the darkness of the dense brush. I felt one of their large slimy hands upon me, engraving a code deep into my chest. Another was holding a plasma gun right to my temple. With calm, and cool movements, I threw the first gigantic monster off of me, took hold of the others gun, and destroyed the aliens. After discarding the evidence of their existence, I had noticed that my English homework was missing."

     "I don't suppose you expect me to believe this ridiculous occurrence of events?"

     "Why wouldn't you? Have you not seen the brutal markings those putrid mutants have left on me?"

     "There are no markings!" Mr.VanCamp exclaimed, with a tone of nervousness present. " You just made this up. I mean this can't be real. Show me these markings you speak of!"

     As I raised my shirt, the eyes of Mr.VanCamp depressed deep into his skull. Sweat was beading from his glistening bald head and he looked at me at me and stuttered, "what happened to your skin? There are black lines scrawled across your chest."

     "They have marked me! Their species now knows my whereabouts, and they are watching. I wouldn't think that you would want me in your classroom to redo my assignment, knowing your life is in grave danger, now would you?"

     "Of course not" Mr. VanCamp whimpered, with tears of fear running from his eyes. "Just run along and I will credit you with full marks"

     "I respect your decision" I greatfully responded. As I was walking out of the class with a smirk upon my face, the persperation of my body had started to smudge the lines of sharpie I had drawn across my chest.

1 comment:

  1. Very good job on the three paragraphs. Good detail, well polished. Missing the essay.
    36/60

    ReplyDelete